The Halton Regional Police Service motto, One Vision, One Mission, One Team, is founded on the belief that progressive, world-class policing comes from working in partnership with the people we serve to reduce, deter and prevent crime, and ensure public safety.
Because our uniform officers are the face of policing in Halton Region, we are committed to recruiting, training and developing the talents of well-rounded men and women with passion, integrity and desire to make a difference in people's lives.
As a Halton Regional Police Service officer working at Headquarters or in one of our Districts, you vow to uphold our Service's values of Trust & Respect, Integrity, Accountability, Excellence, Teamwork and Justice in your duties and play a key role in keeping our community as safe tomorrow as it is today. Each day, you:
- Improve and maintain the safety, security and quality of life for Halton residents through the application of community policing methods
- Contribute to the development and achievement of Service goals
- Enforce federal, provincial and municipal statutes in response to citizens' complaints
- Respond to service calls
- Prepare and process charges under federal, provincial and municipal statutes
- Participate in activities and projects
- Undertake special assignments
- Give evidence in court
The dynamic work environment at the Halton Regional Police Service promotes learning from within and gives our police officers the freedom to shape their careers based on their personal interests and abilities. The HRPS provides specialized training in areas such as:
We also offer competitive wages, excellent pensions and benefits plans, and promotional opportunities.