The Halton Regional Police Service Pay Duty Program enables local residents and business owners to hire uniformed police officers to oversee special events or functions (for police-related duties). Before contacting us to enquire about hiring an HRPS Pay Duty officer(s), please note the following key requirements:
- Receipt of a completed Pay Duty Contract (refer to sidebar for appropriate contract based on event date) is required a minimum of seven (7) days in advance (48 hours in some circumstances).
- Pay Duties are for a minimum of three (3) hours per police officer.
- Hourly rates (see chart below) for Pay Duty police officers include administration fees and HST.
- The minimum contract time for a police vehicle is one (1) hour.
- The hourly rate for police cruisers is $28.25. This includes 13% HST.
- Partial hours will be billed at the full hour rate (i.e. 15 minutes = 1 hour)
Pan Am/Parapan Am Pay Duty Notice
The Halton Regional Police Service will have diminished capacity to meet our customer needs during the upcoming 2015 Pan Am/Parpan Am Games (July 10-26 and August 7-15). If you anticipate requiring pay duties during this period, it is imperative that requests be submitted as early as possible. We can make no guarantees that we will be able to fill pay duty requests during this period.
Centralized Pay Duty Office:
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Location: HRPS Headquarters (1151 Bronte Road, Oakville)
For more information about the Halton Regional Police Service Pay Duty Program, contact the Pay Duty Clerk:
Telephone: 905-825-4747 ext. 5404
For urgent, after-hours pay duty matters, contact the Staff Sergeant in the Town/City where the event is to be held:
Milton/Halton Hills: 905-825-4747 / 905-878-5511 ext. 2410
Oakville: 905-825-4747 ext. 2210
Burlington: 905-825-4747 ext. 2310
Hourly Pay Duty Rates:
(Incl. 13% HST)
|Minimum Charge (3 Hrs)|