***HOLIDAY HOURS NOTICE: The Pay Duty office will be closed on December 24, 25, 26, 31 and January 1. Emergency bookings can be processed by contacting the on-duty Staff Sergeant in the event's District.***
The Halton Regional Police Service Pay Duty Program enables local residents and business owners to hire uniformed police officers to oversee special events or functions (for police-related duties). Before contacting us to enquire about hiring an HRPS Pay Duty officer(s), please note the following key requirements:
- Receipt of a completed Pay Duty Contract (refer to sidebar for appropriate contract based on event date) is required a minimum of seven (7) days in advance (48 hours in some circumstances).
- Pay Duties are for a minimum of three (3) hours per police officer.
- Hourly rates (see chart below) for Pay Duty police officers include administration fees and HST.
- The minimum contract time for a police vehicle is one (1) hour.
- The hourly rate for police cruisers is $28.25. This includes 13% HST.
- Partial hours will be billed at the full hour rate (i.e. 15 minutes = 1 hour)
Centralized Pay Duty Office:
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Location: HRPS Headquarters (1151 Bronte Road, Oakville)
For more information about the Halton Regional Police Service Pay Duty Program, contact the Pay Duty Clerk:
Telephone: 905-825-4747 ext. 5404
For urgent, after-hours pay duty matters, contact the Staff Sergeant in the Town/City where the event is to be held:
Milton/Halton Hills: 905-825-4747 / 905-878-5511 ext. 2410
Oakville: 905-825-4747 ext. 2210
Burlington: 905-825-4747 ext. 2310
Hourly Pay Duty Rates:
(Incl. 13% HST)
|Minimum Charge (3 Hrs)|