Fleet Management Service
The Halton Regional Police Service Fleet Service Management Unit maintains a fleet of more than 315 HRPS vehicles, including a wide variety of highly specialized units suited for unique police functions such as:
- Front line patrol
- 'Plain clothes'/undercover
- Emergency response, including Mobile Command Unit, Emergency Disposal Unit, Marine Unit, motorcycles, and mobile Forensic Identification Unit
- Investigative/detective vehicles
- Administrative and suppor vehicles
The civilian staff in this Unit are responsible for:
- Developing policy and procedural guidelines for the safe operation and cost-effective functions of all fleet vehicles.
- Coordinating the supply of fuel and other support equipment.
- Developing and implementing approved vehicle replacement schedules to effectively purchase, commission, decommission and dispose of all fleet units in accordance with HRPS public procurement practices.
- Ongoing revitalization of vehicle equipment needs and improvements for vehicular safety, visibility and prisoner transport.
- Interaction with other Ontario Police Agency Fleet Management professionals to ensure best-practices of police fleet operations and adherence to Ontario police fleet adequacy standards.
- Maintaining police accident reports and participating in Collision Review Committee, and Uniform and Equipment Committee to promote 'safety-first' and accident reduction initiatives.