Release Date: April 6th, 2018 - 3:50pm
Originator: D/Sergeant Ron Hansen, Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau, 905-825-4747 Ext. 2315
Contact: Detective Phil Vandenbeukel, Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau, 905-825-4747 Ext. 2343
On April 5th 2018, police located a vehicle with stolen licence plates parked at the rear of an apartment on Warwick Court in Burlington. The licence plates had been reported stolen to the Hamilton Police on March 29th 2018.
Police continued to investigate the vehicle and were able to identify and arrest a male who approached the vehicle after a brief foot pursuit.
Further investigation, led police to obtain and later execute a search warrant at a Warwick Court apartment that resulted in the seizure of the following items: (Photo Included)
• Expandable baton
• Stun flashlight (prohibited weapon)
• Orion flare gun modified to fire .22 calibre ammunition and was loaded (prohibited firearm)
• 4 rounds of .22 calibre ammunition
Daniel Robert MACKENZIE (22-yrs) of Hamilton was held for bail charged with the following offences:
• Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
• Possession of a prohibited weapon
• Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm
• Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition
• Unsafe storage of a firearm
• Possession of a firearm and ammunition contrary to prohibition order
• Ammunition readily available
• Fail to comply with recognizance (two counts)
• Breach probation (two counts)
Anyone who may have any additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Phil Vandenbeukel of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2343.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers "See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers" at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
Please be reminded that all persons charged are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.