Citizen Police Academy (CPA) - Guidelines
To promote the success of the Citizen Police Academy program participants, the Halton Regional Police Service has established a series of guidelines and helpful hints, including:
- Free, ample parking available on-site.
- Students must attend a minimum six (6) out of 10 classes to graduate
- Perfect attendance is required up to class 6 for participants to be eligible to be entered into a draw for a Ride-Along with an HRPS Team Policing Officer. Three names (one from each District) will be selected.
- Those chosen to take part in a Halton Regional Police Service Ride-Along are required to share their experiences with members of their class
- Halton Regional Police Service photographers and/or local media agencies may be in attendance for any Citizen Police Academy Session. Video coverage and/or still photographs may be taken at any time and may be used by the Service and/or media agencies.