Halton Regional Police Service
In This Section
Increase Font Normal Font Decrease Font Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook View our videos on YouTube

Report A Non-Emergency

In non-emergency instances where there is no evidence to be gained by the personal attendance of a Halton Regional Police Service officer, you may be directed to attend the Police Reporting Centre.

You may also be able to file an online report.

Such instances may include but are not limited to:

  • Bicycle theft
  • Theft from auto (Note: Multiple thefts from one location may warrant police attendance)
  • Theft under $5,000
  • Theft over $5,000*
  • Property damage under $5,000
  • Property damage over $5,000*
  • Found property (if brought into police facility)
  • Found property - bicycle (follow-up by Summons Unit to pick-up)
  • Lost property
  • Licence suspension notice
  • Assist to public
  • Assist to other police force
  • Suspicious vehicles*
  • Suspicious people*
  • General traffic complaints (follow-up by Road Watch or applicable traffic watch program)
  • Supplemental reports

* An assigned HPRS Police Constable will follow-up.

How To Report a Non-Emergency Occurrence:

Incidents meeting the above criteria may be reported by telephone or in person at any HRPS Division station or the PRC.

Telephone: 905-825-4747 ext. 5155 to file a report.

Incoming calls to the Halton Regional Police Service Communications Bureau will be answered by a dispatcher and prioritized accordingly.

The matter will then be transferred to the PRC officer(s) on duty for processing and/or investigation.