The following are brief descriptions of more frequently available positions with the Halton Regional Police Service.
As a Communicator with the HRPS, you will make a difference by assisting members of the public and supporting our sworn members working in the greater Halton community by:
- Receiving and processing 9-1-1 emergency and non-emergency calls from the public, members of the HRPS, and other agencies
- Dispatching HRPS staff using Intergraph (Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)), CPIC, NICHE and the Trunk Radio System, and providing emergency call-out services, as required
Prisoner Escort Officer:
- As a Prisoner Escort Officer, you will make a difference by providing prisoner transportation and court security at various court locations within the Region of Halton on a relief basis, including searching, guarding, and controlling prisoners, providing security to court and escort services
As a Records Clerk, you will make a difference supporting our sworn and civilian members working in the greater Halton community by:
- Processing and maintaining the data workload (e.g. occurrences, accident reports, follow-ups) and our in-house computerized and paper records management system
- Transcribing pre-recorded information from our direct voice entry dictation system (i.e. Fusion Voice) into our in-house records management system (i.e. PRISM)
Click here to apply and be considered for any of these positions when they next become available.