For emergency assistance, call 9-1-1. This service quickly links callers to Police, Fire and/or Ambulance Services.

For non-emergencies, call 905-825-4777.

When to call 9-1-1

An emergency includes those situations when lives are at risk or there is severe bodily injury, when the loss or destruction of property is at risk, or if a crime is in progress or has just occurred. This includes:

  • Impaired driving
  • Collisions causing injuries
  • Fire and medical emergencies
  • Robbery
  • Domestic disturbances with violence
  • Assault
  • Break and enter

What is a non-emergency?

Call our non-emergency number:

  • When a crime has occurred that requires police but the crime is not currently in progress, there is no immediate threat to public safety or property, and there are no bodily injuries;
  • To make a report;
  • For police information/advice; and/or
  • To reach any member of the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS)

I dialled 9-1-1 by mistake. What should I do?

If you dial 9-1-1 in error, please stay on the line so an operator can speak with you to confirm that you do not require police assistance. Do not hang up before speaking with an operator.

Telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD)

If you are deaf, deafened, or hard of hearing, contact us by TDD at 1-800-990-8199.

Text with 9-1-1

Text with 9-1-1 (T9-1-1) is available for the deaf, deafened, hard of hearing, speech impaired, and nonverbal members of the community. Contact your cellular phone provider to register your cellular phone at no extra cost.

Learn more about T9-1-1 here:

Crime Stoppers

Crime Stoppers provides you a way to provide information anonymously to police.

Contact Crime Stoppers by dialling 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) on your telephone.

Crime Stoppers does not subscribe to “Call Display” or “Call Trace” and does not record telephone conversations.

Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers website.