The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) has three Collision Reporting Centres. These centres are staffed and managed by Accident Support Services. Please note that the last collision of the day is taken half an hour before closing.

Hours and Locations:

HRPS 1 District (12 Division)
490 Childs Drive, Milton, ON L9T 5G2
Hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. / Open Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Closed Sundays and holidays)
Telephone: 905-636-3100
Map Location

HRPS 2 District (20 Division) 
95 Oak Walk Drive, Oakville, ON, L6H 0G6
Hours: Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (closed Saturday, Sunday and holidays)
Telephone: 905-825-4640
Map Location

HRPS 3 District (30 Division)
3800 Constable Henshaw Blvd. Burlington, ON, L7M 3Y2
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. / Open Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Closed holidays)
Telephone: 905-331-0233
Map Location

When should I report a collision to a Collision Reporting Centre?

Report a collision to a Collision Reporting Centre (CRC) if it DOES NOT involve:

  • Personal injury or death;
  • Any criminal activity, such as an impaired driver, stolen vehicles, or assaults;
  • A vehicle transporting dangerous goods;
  • A person who's driver's license is suspended or is not insured;
  • Damage to private, municipal, or highway property;
  • A pedestrian or cyclist; or
  • An uncooperative driver;

If any of the above circumstances apply, an officer should attend the scene. Call 9-1-1 for emergencies, or 905-825-4777 for non-emergency situations.

"The Highway Traffic Act of Ontario requires that all collisions involving injury or death, or where the damage apparently exceeds $2,000.00 (combined) or where there is damage to highway property must be reported to the police forthwith."

Any person who has been involved in a collision who fails to attend at the Centre when directed by a police officer or when otherwise required by law is guilty of an offence.

What information do I need in order to report a collision?

Ideally both parties should attend at the same time to speed up the process. We will need to view the vehicle that was damaged, your driver's license, vehicle permit (ownership), and insurance slip. If there is a witness, their contact information is important.

What should I expect at the Collision Reporting Centre?

In cases where a driver attends a Collision Reporting Centre, the involved vehicle must be driven or towed to the centre for examination. When you arrive at the CRC staff will document and photograph damage, apply damage stickers, take the MVC report, and facilitate contact with respective insurance companies.

What happens if the Collision Reporting Centre is closed?

Outside of CRC hours of operation, all motor vehicle collisions will be investigated by an officer. Collisions that are investigated by officers are not referred to the CRC. Vehicles will be removed from the scene and will be taken to wherever the driver/owner directs.