Criminal Record Check
This check is intended for applicants who are involved as a volunteer, employee or in any situation where a basic Police Criminal Record Check is requested. This check is NOT intended for applicants who are seeking volunteer and/or employment with vulnerable persons.
The Criminal Record Check WILL include the following information:
- Criminal convictions from CPIC and/or local databases.
- Summary convictions, for five years, when identified.
- Findings of Guilt under the Youth Criminal Justice Act within the applicable disclosure period.
The Criminal Record Check WILL NOT include:
- Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants.
- Absolute and conditional discharges.
- Current judicial orders, including Peace Bonds, Probation and Prohibition orders under the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Convictions where a record suspension has been granted.
- Convictions under provincial statutes.
- Local police contact.
- Ministry of Transportation information (PARIS).
- Special Interest Police (SIP) category of CPIC.
- Family Court Restraining Orders.
- Foreign information.
- A Vulnerable Sector (VS) Query of sex offenders with a record suspension to ascertain if the applicant has been convicted of and granted a record suspension for any of the sexual offences that are listed in the schedule to the Criminal Records Act (CRA).
- Any reference to incidents involving mental health contact.
- Diversions will not be released as police contact and no reference to the occurrence is permitted (CC S. 717.4).
- Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) information beyond applicable disclosure period.
- Any reference to contagious diseases.
- Dispositions including, but not limited to, Withdrawn, Dismissed, and cases of Not Criminally Responsible by Reason of Mental Disorder.