If you were convicted of a criminal offence, have completed your sentence, and have proven to be a law-abiding citizen for the prescribed number of years, you may be able to apply to have your record suspended.

Record Suspension/Pardon Application Process

All applicants should be aware that the Parole Board of Canada (PBC) is the only federal agency authorized to order a record suspension. You do not need a third-party company or lawyer to apply for a record suspension. The record suspension process can be completed by individuals themselves, directly to the Parole Board of Canada. To learn more, visit the Parole Board of Canada's Record Suspension webpage.

To apply for a Record Suspension, you must download and complete the application forms from the Parole Board of Canada.

The Local Police Records Check Form in the Record Suspension Application booklet is to be provided to every police agency where you have lived in the last five years. You can submit this form at any Halton Regional Police Service location during hours of operation, with the fee of $30.

If you no longer live in Halton region and cannot attend one our locations, the Local Police Records Check Form may be mailed, along with the fee of $30 to:

Halton Regional Police Service
Attention: Records
2485 North Service Road West
Oakville, Ontario L6M 3H8

Fingerprinting Appointment

You may need to book a fingerprinting appointment to obtain a copy of your record. You can book Fingerprinting appointments online. Walk-ins are not accepted.

A fingerprinting fee of $53.25 is required and the applicant must also bring in two pieces of valid, government issued identification. Valid identification types include:

  • Passport
  • Driver's licence
  • Birth Certificate
  • Canadian Citizenship Card
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Certificate of Indian Status
  • Immigration Documents (i.e. work or study permits)
  • Military Family ID card (MFID)
  • Record of Landing for Citizenship Applicant
  • Certificate of live Birth
  • Nexus card
  • Ontario Identification Card