Halton Regional Police Service
In This Section
Increase Font Normal Font Decrease Font Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook View our videos on YouTube


There are two types of complaints:

  • Against the policies of, or services provided by, the Halton Regional Police Service
  • Against the conduct of a Halton Regional Police Service officer

For complaints arising from incidents occurring on or after October 19, 2009, click here for the Office of the Independent Police Review Director.

Complainants may still attend any Halton Regional Police Service station to file a complaint with the Office of the Independent Police Review Director, or discuss any matter that they feel is suitable for local resolution.


Can I file a complaint about the off-duty conduct of a police officer?

What takes place at a disciplinary hearing?

What can I do if I am not satisfied with a decision at a disciplinary hearing?

For more information, contact:

Professional Standards Bureau